Divorce (and Break-up) Coach Training Program
Are you a coach who wants to add Divorce (and/or Break-up) Coaching to your offerings?
Our 36-hour, 6-month, pilot program is for you!!
Each month you will participate in:
one 60-minute Knowledge Session
one 60-minute group Power Session
one 20-minute individual Strategy Session/check-in with Elinor, and
about 3 1/2 hours of guided independent study in the form of reading, film viewing, and local investigation.
Divorce is often the most significant transition of adult life. However, since most people only divorce once, they enter into the confusing divorce process with no experience. (Wearing blinders and on an emotional roller coaster.) This is the time they need a coach the most. But, most professional coaches don’t have the inside scoop on how to best navigate the treacherous terrain of divorce. This training program is for coaches who want to add Divorce Coaching to their list of services. At the end of this program you will: (1) understand how to guide your clients through every aspect of divorce – even confusing financial matters AND (2) have a marketing plan for marketing yourself to both the divorcing public AND divorce attorneys, and (3) be entitled to a permanent listing as a Certified Divorce Coach on The Divorce Coach Institute website (currently under construction).
Module 1 – Overview
Module 2 – The Psychological Divorce
Module 3 – Financial Divorce
Module 4 – Logistical Divorce
Module 5 – Legal Divorce
Module 6 – Moving Forward
Individuals who have completed a basic coach training program or hold a Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in social work, mental health, pastoral counseling, marriage and family therapy, etc. are eligible to take the course. If you do not have one of these prerequisites please call Elinor as she has connections to coaching programs that will work for you and will give you a discount.
Successful completion of this certification program will entitle you to a listing on this website, as one of our Certified Divorce Coaches, with your profile and contact info available to potential clients.
Maintaining Your Certification
To retain your certification and remain on our website you must complete eight hours of divorce related continuing education every two years.
Investment: We are currently in pre-launch (a pilot phase) of this program. During this initial phase the program registration fee is $295. This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get in on the ground floor. (After May 1, 2018, with the start of our second phase, the regular program fee will be $595.) This fee includes your permanent listing as a Certified Divorce Coach on The Divorce Coach Institute website (currently under construction).
Your Primary Trainer – Elinor Robin, PhD
As your trainer, I bring you my 30 (plus) years of divorce-related research and practical experience. Here is the rest of my story:
I was born and raised in New York and have lived in Florida for over thirty years. During my career I have worked in small business and the legal system, in both the public and private sectors. As I continue to pursue my own growth and development some of my greatest accomplishments include:
- Earning a PhD in Psychology, with a Specialization in Conflict Management
- Licensure as a Mental Health Counselor and as a Marriage and Family Therapist
- Certification as a Counselor from the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Certification as a Board Certified Coach from the Center for Credentialing and Education (CCE)
- Certification from the Florida Supreme Court as a Mediator and Primary Mediation Trainer
- Mediation of thousands of divorces as both a private sector and court annexed mediator
- Training over 13,000 professionals in the mediation process through my educational programs, workshops, and seminars
- The creation, operation and sale of two successful small businesses
- Recognition from my peers for involvement in various professional organizations. I have served on the faculty of mediation and dispute resolution symposiums throughout Florida, nationally and internationally. I am an appointed member of the Florida Supreme Court’s Mediator Qualifications and Disciplinary Review Board, a Past-President of the Association of South Florida Mediators and Arbitrators, a Founding Member and Advisor of the Association of North Central Florida Mediators, a Past-Vice-President of the Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, and an Advanced Practitioner/Educator member of the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR)
- Partnering with my husband, David, in a fulfilling marriage and our unique divorce mediation practice
- Raising two children (who lived through divorce) to adulthood, watching as they display integrity and passion in their lives.
Please contact me at (954) 415-5645 to discuss how we can work together and how I can assist you.